The ES-642 Remote Dust Monitor is an industrial air-quality sensor designed to provide real time particle concentration measurements in both indoor and outdoor environments.
The ES-642 measures particulate concentration using a highly sensitive forward scatter laser nephelometer, which has a measurement range of 0 to 100 mg/cubic meter (0 to 100,000 μg/cubic meter). Assupplied, the ES-642 provides TSP particulate monitoring. Optional sharp-cut cyclones are available for PM1, PM2.5, or PM10.
The ES-642 has flexible serial ports and analog outputs to support various data collection systems. The serial ports support MODBUS and simple ASCII commands via RS-232 or RS-485. Analog outputs include both 0-10 volts and 4-20 mA.
- Rugged Weatherproof Enclosure: For reliable continuous outdoor operation
- Purge Air System: Keeps optical components clean so the ES-642 can operate in adverse environments without performance degradation.
- Automatic Zero Calibration: Reduces long term measurement drift by automatically adjusting the zero value each hour. The interval is user settable from 1 to 999 minutes.
- Controlled Inlet Heater: Active inlet humidity control to reduce measurement errors. The ES-642 monitors inlet humidity levels and regulates heater power to maintain lower humidity levels.
- Front Panel LCD Display: Provides information about particulate concentration, flow rate and instrument status.
- Flexible Mounting Hardware: Mounting bracket included for wall or 2” vertical mast mounting. Optional hardware available for vertical mast diameters up to 4.7 inches (120 mm).
- Building Automation
- Military Applications
- Environmental Clean-Up Sites
- Air Pollution Level Monitoring
- Dust Level Warning Systems
|Measurement Principle:||Particulate concentration by forward
light scatter laser Nephelometer
|Available Cut Points:||TSP Inlet Standard. PM10, PM2.5, and PM1
sharp-cut cyclone inlets available.
|Measurement Range:||0 to 100 mg/m3 (0 to 100,000 mg/m3)|
|Measurement Sensitivity:||.001 mg/m3.|
|Nephelometer Accuracy:||± 5% traceable standard with 0.6um PSL.|
|Particle Size Sensitivity:||0.1 to 100 micron.|
|Display:||2 X 16 backlit LCD. Provides concentration,
flow and status information.
|Zero Calibration:||Automatic Zero Calibration every hour or as programmed
from 1 to 999 minutes.
|Flow Rate:||2.0 liters/minute ± 0.1 lpm.|
|Input Voltage:||11 – 40 VDC|
|Power Consumption:||12 VDC = 300 mA (heater off), 1.2 A (heater on)
24 VDC = 140 mA (heater off), 0.6 A (heater on)
|Analog Output:||4-20 mA and 0 – 10 VDC.|
|Serial Ports:||RS-232 and RS-485|
|Serial Protocols:||ASCII Text data format and MODBUS RTU.|
|Alarm Output:||Normally open and normally closed relay 30 VDC @ 1A maximum.|
|Operating Temperature:||-10 to +50°C. (Ambient Temperature Sensor Range -30 to +50°C).|
|Barometric Pressure:||600 to 1040 mbar pressure sensor range.|
|Ambient Humidity Range:||0 to 90% RH, non-condensing.|
|Intake Moisture Control:||Automatic 10 Watt inlet heater module controlled
to sample RH set point.
|Factory Serivce Interval:||24 Months typical, under continuous use in normal ambient air.|
|Mounting Options:||Mounting bracket standard (wall or 2” vertical mast).
Optional EX-905 tripod.
|Unit Weight:||2.7 kg (6.0 lbs.)|
|Unit Dimensions:||22.9cm high, 17.8cm wide, 10.8cm deep. (9.0” x 7.0” x 4.25”). w/out inlet assy.
48.3cm high, 17.8cm wide, 10.8cm deep. (19.0” x 7.0” x 4.25”).
w/ inlet assy.
Specifications are subject to change at any time