The Met One 063 Temperature Sensor is a device that precisely measures air, water and soil temperature over extended ranges. The thermistor sensor is encapsulated in a silicone oil-filled stainless steel jacket that is particularly well suited for field applications, as it exhibits high resistance sensitivity. This eliminates problems associated with line lead length, noisy environ- ments and poor connections.
The solid state thermistor produces a large resistance change per degree of temperature change, allowing the use of normal signal voltages without self-heating the sensor.
The sensor housing is composed of two stainless steel tubes. The smaller one contains the sensor and silicone oil; the larger one secures and seals the cable. In addition to providing a uniform temperature environment, the oil also provides a strain free mounting for the thermistor sensor. A weather- proof epoxy is used to provide a positive bond for cabling and assembly.
- Stainless steel jacket allows direct measurements of air, water and soil
- High resistance sensor values minimize signal line resistance errors
- Sensors may be interchanged without requiring system recalibration
- Several ranges are available to meet exact customer requirements
- Suited for direct input to a variety of dataloggers and translators
|Time Constant:||160 seconds|
|Diameter:||0.54 in (13.7 mm)|
|Length:||6 in (152.4 mm)|
|Cable & Mounting|
|Cable Length:||Supplied with 50 ft of cable, terminating in pigtails. Additional cable length
may be ordered.
|Mounting:||Mount in Model 073B and 5980 radiation shields for air temperature; mounts directly in soil or water for soil or water temperature.|
Specifications are subject to change at any time