076B Fan Aspirated Radiation Shield
The 076B Fan Aspirated Radiation Shield protects temperature and humidity sensors from direct and indirect radiant energy. Used in the most adverse conditions, the 076B eliminates errors caused by solar or terrestrial radiation, as well as secondary errors caused by convective heat transfer from the outer shield surfaces. It continuously samples ambient air to support high accuracy temperature and differential temperature measurements. It is the best aspirated shield available on the market. A humidity sensor can be installed in the shield for combined measurements.
In operation, air is drawn into the bottom of the sensor housing through two concentric ports. The air sample moves at high velocity through the outer port and scrubs the outer surfaces as it is exhausted. The inner port then draws in the sample, enabling a true gas temperature measurement to be made. This airflow system prevents convective heat transfer to the sampling stream.
- Errors reduced to < 0.05°F (< 0.03°C)
- Easy maintenance and sensor calibration
- Accommodate several sensors for Delta T measurements
- Radiation errors independent of outside emissivity
- Low-conductive interconnects
- DC or AC power operation
- Corrosion-resistant construction with white gloss epoxy enamel finish
- Easy mounting and tower servicing